The Biblical Studies program is designed to equip individuals with a deep understanding of the Bible, theological synthesis, and hermeneutical practices, to impart understanding of the value of the major fields of knowledge from a biblical framework, and to cultivate the desire and foundation necessary to be a lifelong learner. Students will attain the skills necessary to minister to people inside and outside of the local church. They will learn to integrate education, spiritual life, and experience into a consistent lifestyle of personal spiritual growth and character that reflects Christian values.
This program is intended for those interested in gaining a strong biblical worldview, preparing to lead or teach in a variety of ministry contexts, or to pursue advanced studies in multiple disciplines.
- Describe the Bible's major characters and events.
- Summarize the Bible's principal theological themes.
- Master the principles of inductive and deductive Bible study.
- Defend the Bible's authority as an infallible guide for matters of faith and practice.
- Apply "An Inductive Method for Bible Study" guide to analyze any type of biblical text.
- Master the method of theological synthesis from the exegesis of biblical texts to systematic theology.
- Formulate theological positions.
- Display inquisitiveness, humility, and reverence in the pursuit and presentation of biblical truth.
- Value the necessary connection between exegesis, theology, exposition, and application.
- Value diversity.