This program aims at providing Christian leaders with a foundational understanding of the world in which they live and serve. The general education curriculum encourages the development of intellectual, social, and cultural maturity expected of college graduates. The program is comprised of the lower division curriculum for LPU’s traditional undergraduate degrees. The goals for this program are the same as those for the General Education Core and are expected to be met at an Associates level.
- Communicate effectively in writing, speaking, and the visual and performing arts.
- Display proficiency in academic research and using data.
- Exhibit an ability to critically evaluate diverse problems and positions in various fields of study.
- Develop basic technological skills for writing, research, and presentation.
- Develop a discriminating appreciation of literature, history, and the arts.
- Describe basic human needs, defenses, conflicts, and motivations.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and appreciation of Western and other cultures.